SimpleMind desktop for Windows - New Features
Version 1.15.2 - Coming soon
- Support for CMYK jpeg images
- Bug fixed: linking to a specific topic in a mind map would break the link when used across platforms
- Bug fixed: Custom relation paths could be cut off in mind map export
Version 1.15.0 - Released 29 November 2016
- Use Google Drive to synchronize with other devices
- Diamond and Cloud border shapes
- Redesigned Preferences panel
- Toggle Checked State, assures checkbox is visible then toggles checked state. Default shortcut Ctrl+Space
- Improved support for multi-touch screens:
- Pinch Zoom gesture supported
- Press-and-tap shows context menu
- Two-finger-tap starts branch selection (instead of long press on topic)
- All tool tips can be disabled via Preferences | General tab
- Rounded corners in angled paths
- Order Forward and Order Backward also works for Topics. Default keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down
- Improved handling of saving with cloud sync apps that lock mind map files while uploading.
- Bug fixed: original child order is maintained when using drag-drop to change parent
- Bug fixed: Ctrl+Click to include/exclude in selection did not work with outliner active.
- Several style toolbar bugs fixed
Version 1.14.0 - Released 18 July 2016
- Outliner - in the Inspector panel on the right, depicted in the image below. The Outliner synchronizes with the selection in the editor. Particularly useful when Searching in the Mind Map. Use drag & drop in the outline to reorder topics.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Show Outline Ctrl+1, Show Note Ctrl+2 allow fast switching between topics in outline and note.
- Angled relation paths and Adjustable relation paths. Read more…
- New build-in style sheet: Chart (angled paths + arrows)
- Relation style presets, create and apply adjusted relation styles
- Paste Text as List and Import .txt files. Each new line creates a new topic, leading tabs are interpreted as hierarchy level.
- "Enable Snap Options" check added to Snap Options. Snap to guide lines and snap to grid are only active when this option is checked. Pressing the Ctrl-key while dragging a topic, temporarily inverts this option. This allows easy enabling/disabling the snap feature in specific cases. New command "Toggle Enable Snap Options", Ctrl+G, inverts this option without opening the Options Panel.
- Removed "reorder topics" panel, reordering sibling order is now more conveniently done with the outliner.
- (URL) Link detection in note panel
- Improved spell checking for entire Mind Map
- Max font sizes in note panel and topic properties panel increased (24)
- Improved unhide marker position, improved arrow positions for unhide markers.
- Bug fixed that made cross links appear initially as a straight line
Version 1.13.0 - released 2 May 2016
- Layout Direction options (Auto, Left, Right, Top, Bottom, Manual) for auto layout modes.
- Snap to guide lines and/or grid, available from editor status bar
- Auto focus, available from editor status bar. See image below:
- (Tinted) Collapsed and Hidden topic markers are clickable tools, also when the topic is not selected (see image below).
- Option "Display Hide tool for topics" shows hide tool for topic and moves collapse tool and collapse markers to opposite side (see image above).
- Long press Hide/show tool shows hide/show options (hide children , full hide etc.)
- Navigation History (most recently used mind maps) in drop down menu for "Back" button
- User defined custom colors in the color dialogs are saved between sessions
- Ctrl+Drop a (file) link to add a linked child topic (rather than linking the topic)
- Apply the first 8 style presets with (customizable) keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+F1 .. Ctrl+F8
- Bug fixed in positioning hidden topics for auto horizontal and vertical layouts.
- Bug fixed when pasting in auto layout.
- Bug fixed related to hidden topics in auto layout.
- Bug fixed related to full text search in external directories.
Version 1.12.0 - released 7 March 2016
- Embedded images in topics
- Tinted checkboxes: topic check boxes appear in the topic's stroke color (see image below). Change via Mind Map Style | Custom check box color. Defining (near) white as custom checkbox color results in plain black and white checkboxes
- New style added: "Natural + Colors", colorful paths without topic boxes (see image above)
- Advanced search options in Mind Map editor: search for checkbox state (unchecked, checked) or icon
- Pdf bookmark extraction: Import pdf, Convert .pdf to mind map, link to bookmark in pdf document, support for linking to "page=number" in pdf links
- Add Icon from File, add a custom icon without adding it to the custom icons library
- Style sheet selector shows preview images.
- Improved lines in auto Top Down layout
- Double click in empty space adds a Central Theme when nothing is selected
- Navigate command added, acts as if clicked on the link icon, default Ctrl+H
- Option to either scroll or zoom on Ctrl+Wheel
- Improved speech recognition
- Toggle Mind Map Explorer (F8) and restoring Explorer closed state
- Performance improvement for dashed lines in low zoom factors
- Auto Layout added: Horizontal, Vertical, List, Top Down.
- Use drag-drop to rearrange Topic order in auto layout modes.
- Default Layout Mode for new Mind Maps in Global Style Options.
- Manual Align tools removed (conflicting with auto layout)
- Keyboard navigation with arrow keys improved.
- Select All Topics, Relations, Images etc. added to main menu.
- Rotate and Flip in Add Image dialog
- Multiple Selection support for all relevant commands.
- Align tools added
- Main window shows current mind map name in caption.
- Bug fixed: selection restoration would not work.
- Bug fixed: switching away from SimpleMind no longer cancels topic changes
- Display Branch Borders
- Link to specific page in a local .pdf file.
- Display and play back Voice Memos inside topics - as recorded using SimpleMind for android or SimpleMind for iPad/iPhone
- Transparent fill color support in topics and labels
- Device and platform independent rendering.
- Upload to Cloud in Add Document Link
- Double tap on Image opens the full size image - the image link tool was removed
- Editor Scale Factor, allows scaling editor rather than adjusting font sizes.
- Opml and Freemind files imported as implicit UTF-8
- Bug fix: high idle CPU usage fixed
- Copy / Paste Link to Topic allows linking to a specific topic in any mind map
- Hide/Show Branch support
- Improved Navigation History
- Add icon as custom image in Icon Picker pop up menu
- Configurable external image viewer in Image options
- Thumbnails for Dropbox and other external directories
- Search in Dropbox and other external directories
- Customizable Mind Map background color
- Adjustable text alignment in note panel and topic properties dialog
- Custom Style sheets use time stamps to avoid overwriting modified custom styles
- Improved L/R balance for strict layouts
- Allow cross linking in search mode
- SimpleMind Maintenance dialog: checks for known clouds and warns when changing local store directory
- Zoom factor range extended: 0.01 to 5.0
- Optionally revert Scroll wheel zooming: SimpleMind | Options | Keyboard shortcuts.
- Major bugs fixed:
Strict Layout bug fixed for multiple central themes connected by labeled cross links
Note marker in ellipse borders painted at wrong position
Searching would not locate matches in all floating texts.
- Customizable line width for relations
- Auto import/export for Custom Style Sheets
- Bug fix: restored larger custom icon size
- Bug fix: synchronization via Dropbox with SimpleMind for iOS would fail for new mind maps
- Redesigned Dropbox support. Direct open from / save to Dropbox.
- Add, move, rename, move on Dropbox
- Store Mind Maps in any public External Directory
- Link to Document in Cloud (such as Dropbox)
- Add full size images with Link source or Upload to cloud
- Image (thumbnails) may store a link to the original / uploaded image
- New style added: Soft Colors Left to Right connected
- Custom titles for local Mind Maps
- Add Cross Link mode
- Additional arrow styles (circles, diamond, stop)
- Rotate Branch tool, rotates selected branch.
- Rotate and Move Branch with Alt+Drag
- Rotate and Flip (H|V) commands
- Keyboard arrow navigation for relations: Left / Right arrow scroll to source / target topic
- Drag-drop URLs (from web browser address bar) on topics